Re: 4.2 install report

On Thursday 27 June 2002 07:19, Steve Greenland wrote:
> I upgraded from whatever is in Debian unstable to 4.2.0pre1v1.
> Everything went smoothly, no problems. I can finally switch from the X
> console to another virtual console and back without crashing the server
> (Trident Cyberblade). Very nice.

Same here. If the world were only i386 it should be ready for unstable. My
only complaint is that the famous Radeon Xvideo buglet is still there.

Brief description: Play a video using your favorite linux video player
(mplayer/xine). Do something to hide the video output window (this assumes
that you're not playing full screen) such that no portion of the video, even
a small slice of it, can be seen. You can either try to minimize it or raise
a window below it. A freeze frame (or still image) of the video remains on
the screen.

--
 09:16:59 up 6 days,  4:23,  5 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.06, 0.01