Compaq Notebook 100 (Trident CyberBlade/i7d) trouble

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with both XFree86 4.1.0-17 from unstable,
and 4.2.0-0pre1v1.  Please tell me if this is a known bug - thanks!

The problem is that the LCD backlight won't turn on after it was blanked
(by closing the lid while in graphics mode - the lid is configured in the
BIOS setup to only blank the LCD without suspending the whole machine).
To turn it back on, I have to do the following:

 - blindly switch to a text console (Ctrl-Alt-F1) - still blanked
 - switch to CRT (Fn-F11)
 - switch back to LCD (Fn-F11 again) - now it unblanks
 - switch back to X (Alt-F7)

Also, switching to CRT and back to LCD (Fn-F11 twice) while in graphics
mode leaves a blanked display, too.  So it seems that the LCD can't be
unblanked while in graphics mode.

This is 100% reproducible.  I have updated to the latest BIOS (SP18450)
and keyboard controller firmware (SP16898) from the Compaq web site,
without any effect (I thought it could be some APM BIOS bug).  Please
tell me if there is anything else I should try - thanks.

Another minor problem I was seeing with 4.1.0 was that sometimes the
hardware mouse cursor appears shifted about 1 cm to the right after
some time - very confusing :).  If this happens, the machine has to
be power cycled to get the cursor back to normal - even reboot is not
enough.  I worked around this by using Option "SWCursor" "on".

Thanks,
Marek