Re: Possible input problem with xfree86_4.2.0-0pre1v1 and sawfish-gnome

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 17:09, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 23:35, David Stanaway wrote:

> > > I've been seeing this on and off for quite some time, but of course I've
> > > been running a 4.2 server for a long time as well for its Radeon
> > > support. Can you try with a 4.1 server to see if it makes a difference?
> > > The problem being that it seems to occur non-deterministically, so one
> > > can never be sure it's actually not there...
> >
> > I was running 4.1 before and I had no problems.  I was also running your
> > bare bones 4.2 binaries as well (However, I used the ati driver as per
> > your xf86config) and I don't recall any problems.
>
> Well, I've seen the problem with my binaries.

If I see this again, what kind of things should I look for that might
help determine the problem?
I am back to running sawfish now (Which I prefer to windowmaker) Should
I change to another windowmanager just to see if it occurs with that to?

I will change to windowmaker if I can disable completely the dock and
app icons.

> Maybe the server is just a red herring anyway, as I also experienced it
> with sawfish. It would be great if anyone could determine a pattern
> behind this or even better the cause. :/
>
> One other suspicion I'd like to mention though is sleep. I don't think
> I've seen the problems with this new TiBook yet, which I can't put to
> sleep yet.

Well, I don't put this system to sleep, I just use: fblevel off to turn
the LCD off.

Does that cancel that suspicion?  I still run pmud but it doesn't do
anything at present ( I always have AC Power and am running network
services so I don't want the system to sleep. )

--
David Stanaway