X11 to MPEG: Different RGB Masks for XF86 Server :0 and Xvfb :2

Hi,

I am trying to build an X11_to_MPEG converter
using xmx (www.cs.brown.edu/software/xmx/,
 which was part of Debian back in 1999,
 now compiled from source.)
to multiplex the X11 Desktop to both
the local :0 Display, as well as a Xvfb :2 Display.

The Xvfb buffer acts as source for xwd_to_<somemovieformat>.

(If anyone has an out-of-the-box solution
 for this I am also fine :-)

For XMX to work both Displays need to have *exactly*
the same visual, otherwise it complains and exits.
(This makes sense, since xmx does not want to interpret
 and map the X11 protocol between different visuals)

Looking at xdpyinfo output the only difference
seems to be the "red, green, blue masks", which
are in different order, adressing different bits.
This prevents multiplexing the same data to the two X servers.
See attached xdpyinfo output.

Any idea where the difference comes from,
and if it is on purpose ?

I am using the 4.1.0 Packages from testing.

Yours,
Steffen

Display :0
  default visual id:  0x23
  visual:
    visual id:    0x23
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits

Display :2
  visual:
    visual id:    0x23
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits