Trident Console Switching Problem

Hello,

I am using woody, with the Xserver 4.1.0. I have a lab full of
machines with on board Trident Cyber Blade/i1 graphics.

I have the problem that if I switch to a text console and then switch
back to the X screen, or try to run some games that take over control
of the whole display, then the monitor goes into shutdown mode, and I
cannot reawakwen it easily. I can (usually) switch back to the text
console, and restart xdm to restart the display, however this logs out
the session on the X, halting any jobs in progress.

I have seen discussion of this on the lists before, and seen the
suggestion to use or not use frame buffer console support. I have
tried both, with no difference.

Have I missed some information somewhere?

Dave Whiteley

--

__
Dave Whiteley