Re: gsfonts-x11 removal problems

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:09:16PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> The offender would appear to be libgnomeprint-data (and hence
> libgnomeprint15, and hence large quantities of GNOME). I'm not familiar
> with why it might be doing this, so I haven't filed a bug.

I don't claim to understand the packaging system, but does this make any
sense?

Package: libgnomeprint-data
 This package contains fonts and locale files needed by gnome-print.

Why does it depend on gsfonts-x11, but only recommend gsfonts?  Or is that
OK, because gsfonts-x11 itself depends on gsfonts?  Or does that mean that
it doesn't need the Recommends: line at all?

Actually, it's supposed to be the other way around, isn't it?  Depend on gs
and gsfonts, recommend gsfonts-x11.  'Cept gs itself only recommends
gsfonts...

I'm soooooo confused. :)

--
Marc Wilson