Re: Why XFree86 4.2 Isn't in Woody

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 07:01:06AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> A couple of people on a recent thread in debian-devel linked to a
> message I recently posted on Slashdot on this subject.  I had thought
> about posting this information to Debian's lists as well, but at the
> time, didn't see a need.

Branden, ...

I perfectly understand why 4.1 is not in woody, altough it is a shame, but i
guess the delaying of the woody release did play a role in this (if we had
released woody 6 month ago, like initialy planed, this would not have been a
problem).

That said, what are your planes for woody+1 ?

Will you be trying to bring 4.2 to be an acceptable package before you work on
4.3, or will you work directly with 4.3, which accordying to XFree86 schedule
will be released RSN (well they have a 6 month release cycle, which in truth
end being around 8 month, i think).

But again, this is something which will be efficient only if the woody+1
release will not be delayed as much.

Friendly,

Sven Luther