XFree86 4.1.0 on UltraSPARC 2.4.x

Hi,

did anyone run XFree86 4.1.0 on UltraSPARC with kernel 2.4.x, yet?

I have kernel 2.4.18-pre19 from vger CVS running, and have installed
XFree86 4.1.0 from woody.

My machine is an UltraAX (not AXi, i.e. has Psycho PCI, not ABP).

If I leave on write_combine mmaps in arch/sparc64/kernel/pci.c, the
Xserver will bring the machine to a complete halt (hard to debug with
X taking over the screen).

If I turn write_combine off, and use "Option" "sw_cursor" "on" for
the ATI driver in XF86Config-4, X runs, but colors are wrong in areas
not drawn through acceleration features. Gray becomes yellow, so it
looks to me like an endianess problem. If I turn of "Option" "accel"
all colors are yellowish.

Anyone seen this before?

I ask, as I, as a kernel hacker, plan to track this down, but maybe
this is a known configuration problem I am seeing...

Thanks for any pointers,

                                                                     /~\
Eddie C. Dost                              ASCII ribbon campaign     \ /
ecd@skynet.be                                against HTML mail        X
                                                                     / \