Re: [Xpert]Re: XFree 4.1-6 crashes on Notebook with ati Grafik card

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:

> > wmcpu does some sort of nasty stuff and reliably crashes X on all my
> > machines. And it is not an ATI driver thing - the tdfx driver had
> > problems with it too. Avoid like the plague.

> Yup.  I've gotten reports of this from mga and nv driver users as well.

> Whoever tracks this one down should get a prize.

I see.  Well, I'm into Slackware myself, so privately send me an
un-Debian-ised tarball of wmcpu source, and I'll see what I can dig up.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  tsi@ualberta.ca          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |
XFree86 Core Team member.  ATI driver and X server internals.