Re: [Dri-devel] Re: Debian DRI CVS packages ready for testing.

Alan Hourihane wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 02:33:19PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Jules Bean wrote:
> >
> > > jules@pear [17] LIBGL_DEBUG=1 glxinfo
> > > libGL error: dlopen failed: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so:
> > > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > > libGL error: dlopen failed: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so:
> > > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > > display: :0.0  screen:0
> > > direct rendering: No
> > >
> > > A working workaround for me is to ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri to
> > > ../modules-dri/dri. It looks like the ModulePath things aren't doing
> > > their job:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Indeed, the ModulePaths only affect the X server, the clients
> > (libGL.so.1.2 to be precise) look for *_dri.so in
> > $(ProjectRoot)/lib/modules/dri/ . I guess they should be moved there.
> >
> Indeed, but from the code, you should be able to set
>
> LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH
>
> to point to your *_dri.so files.

Yeah, another workaround. :)

I just realized that the modules are probably moved from the correct location
to the wrong one in debian/rules so that just has to be modified such that
only the driver modules get moved to .../modules-dri/drivers/ . If I wasn't at
work right now I'd include a patch.