Re: Setting dpms

> > I want to set DPMS every time an X session is started...
> > I tried creating /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10xfree86-set_dpms...

I finally figured it out.  The problem was that I'm using gdm/Gnome,
which completely bypasses the regular X startup files.  When
I added the xset commands to the bottom of /etc/gdm/Sessions/Gnome
(just before $gnomesession is exec'd), everything worked.

Is there a political or technical reason why /etc/gdm/Sessions and
/etc/X11/Xsession.d can't be merged?  They are very similar.

Thanks for the hint, Michel.  It helped me figure out what was really
going on.

	- Scott