Re: DRI with Matrox G450 in X4.0.99.1

"Charl P. Botha" wrote:

> Why can't you just use 4.0.2 with the drivers which are available at
> http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/linux_05.cfm.  I'm afraid
> the closest I have is a G400 running with 4.0.2, but as far as I understand
> from the aforementioned web page, your G450 should just work in 4.0.2 with
> those drivers.  What am I missing?

Nothing, really. I'm just reluctant to give in and use proprietary
drivers, especially as I bought the Matrox card specifically because it
seemed to have the best open source support. Unfortunately I only looked
at the brand, rather than the specific model...

If I wanted proprietary drivers I would have bought an NVidia card.

If I can't figure anything out soon, though, I'll probably just give in
and use those.

Stuart.