Is *this* adjustable via Modlines?

Hello

I have a big problem: I've just bought a 22" Belinea 108080 monitor for
about $900 but it does not work as I expected it to.
I have a normal 1600x1200 modeline and everything seems to look good at the
first glance, but when I switch to small fonts I see that they are rendered
unreadable - the reason ist that (when pressing the nose on the screen) I
can see that every pixel consists of two half-bright horizontal dots on my
screen with a fine black emptyness between them - therefore letting me see
horizontal lines good but all thin vertical lines only half-bright.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Ideally I would only have to move the
whole screen about half a pixel horizontally but how can I tell that my
monitor?

Hope for help

bye,

    -christian-

--
This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?