Xfree-3.3.6 + i810 + krnl-2.2.18 : precisions wanted

Hi all,

I spent my friday afternoon, installing potato (r2) on a
dell optiplex gx100 with a i810 on board card.

Everything went fluently except the configuration of xfree.

We already avec a buch of boxes here with i810 cards under
debian and Mandrake and until now I didn't have much trouble.

After browsing changelogs, searching mailing lists and using
google quite intensively I found an answer from Brenden to
a similar problem. From memory :
- the implementation of the agpgart module in kernel-2.2.18
is not compatible with xfree-3.3.6
and the solution proposed where :
- downgrade to 2.2.17
- use C. Botha unofficial xfree-4.0 packages for potato.

First remark :
- I would be nice if this information where more accessible :
On the debian-x page under the agpgart section for exemple.
Better would be in the documentation comming with the xserver-svga
package.

I did try the unofficial xfree4 packages (deb
http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/ xf401_potato/i386/) but i seems the
dependence tree is broken :
"xserver-xfree86: Depends: xserver-common (>4.0) but 3.3.6-11potato15 is
to be installed"

So i did revert to kernel 2.2.17 and everything is ok.

Now if i didn't misunderstood anything, we can't have kernel-2.2.18 +
xfree-3.3.6 + i810
cards actualy on potato.
If that's the case, it's an RC bug in the minute, 'cause potato r2 is
shipped with
kernel-2.2.18PRExx.
otherwise I would appreciate if so could explain what I did wrong and
what is
the pb with xfree-3.3.6 and krnel-2.2.18.

Thank's for your time,

			Fab