Re: error report

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:41:04PM -0200, Flavio Mendes wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
>  > Can you send us the output of "dpkg -S /usr/bin/X11"?
>
> 5 elvis # dpkg -S /usr/bin/X11
> realplayer, xfree86-common: /usr/bin/X11
> 6 elvis #

There's the smoking gun.  Realplayer package maintainer, kindly get the
hell out of my directory.  This is in violation of Debian Policy 12.8.7,
and is a release-critical bug.

>  > Also, have you ever installed XFree86 on this system in a way that
>  > didn't involve the Debian packaging system?  E.g., by compiling and
>  > installing your own from source?  Or by converting a running system from
>  > another Linux distribution without wiping the partition?
>
> no. never.

The installation of realplayer explains it.  Thanks for your help!

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    One man's theology is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    belly laugh.