Re: need help with font problem in viewmol (boxes still... :( )
- To: Drew Parsons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: need help with font problem in viewmol (boxes still... :( )
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 29 Oct 2001 15:50:05 +0100
- Message-id: <1004367005.22068.112.camel@pismo>
- In-reply-to: <20011030003330.B29356@strider>
- References: <Pine.SOL.3.96.SK.1010914140133.10668Bemail@example.com> <20011029085743.E28520@strider> <20011028204629.B5180@deadbeast.net> <20011030003330.B29356@strider>
On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 14:33, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 08:46:29PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:57:43AM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > > Consequently I filed bug #117385 against lesstif1, but the lesstif
> > > maintainer immediately closed it, saying that lesstif does not deal with
> > > fonts at all (even though there several dozen references to XmFontList in
> > > /usr/include/Xm/Xm.h).
> > [...]
> > > Is the lesstif maintainer correct in asserting that lesstif is not the
> > > problem, that it does not deal with fonts?
> > He might be, but Xu seldom bothers to investigate such things before
> > closing a bug. I suggest you go over his head to the upstream Lesstif
> > guys, and if they can give you authoritative word that it is in fact the
> > toolkit's fault, reopen the bug, paste their message, and tell Xu he's a
> > mindless fuck.
> I'll see what I can find upstream, but www.lesstif.org isn't responding just
> at the moment. Anyway, Herbert replied again, and will try to help me
> figure out what's wrong.
> He said he could not reproduce the problem with viewmol. I on the other
> hand have the same problem on many lesstif programs: viewmol, ted, xsol.
> ddd is okay, I gather it does not use the default fonts.
I just tried timidity and it seems to work fine.
> Has no one else reported problems with lesstif programs?
> Is there something I could have done to my system configuration, that
> lesstif might hate me so much?
Those font problems seem to be usually caused by version mismatches,
e.g. I was affected when I upgraded X from 4.0.3 to 4.1.0 but the font
server wasn't restarted.
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast