Re: New ARM elfloader patch

Christian T. Steigies wrote:

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 04:04:51PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

So, could someone else please take my patches and build and upload X for us? They're at:

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/311_arm_compiler_h.diff
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/312_arm_elfloader.diff
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/350_mips_compiler_h.diff
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/400_hppa_support.diff

Unpack the X source, then put all of these in debian/patches, and remove 310_arm_compiler_h.diff from that directory. It should build, and if all goes well, it may even work!

The first two are based on the previous 310_arm_compiler_h.diff and 600 and 600a from debian/held-patches. No rocket science here, I just had to tweak it a bit to use the inx/outx prototypes from libc, specifically sys/io.h. The last two differ from what's there now only in line numbers so their compiler.h hunks are applied without offset.

Do you know if these patches could help makeing the m68k elfloader work?

I don't think so, I think there's quite a bit of ARM-specific stuff in there. But you can change some of the #ifdef(__arm__) to use m68k as well, and give it a shot!

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>