6pre7v3 and run-parts: root and non-root

Concerning Tom Joseph's solution to the starting problems of 6pre7v3:
I was testing my recently installed system just now
and found out that after correcting /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99xfree86-common_start
(exec $REALSTARTUP  instead of  exec "$REALSTARTUP" )  root could run
`startx' but other users could not, neither could them properly log in using
wdm.

The problem is that `run-parts --test' lists non-executable
files (as expected by Xsession) when root runs it, but complains about them
when invoked by other users.  Bug or feature?
The debianutils package here is 1.15.

After doing as suggested:

> - As Warren Turkal mentioned, the contents of /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ should
>   probably be chmod +x, so run-parts as used in /etc/X11/Xsession will return
>   a list of the files in that directory like we want.  Otherwise it returns
>   an error of the form "run-parts: component %s is not an executable plain
>   file".

> - The contents of /etc/X11/Xresources/ should also be chmod +x, or run-parts
>  as used in etc/X11/Xsession.d/30xfree86-common_xresources will be unhappy as
>  described above.

other users can run startx and log in with wdm.

By the way, why is

  :0 local /usr/bin/X11/X

now commented out by default in /etc/X11/wdm/Xservers ?

Best regards
                      J Esteves