Re: Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse lockup in X if PS/2 mouse active

> > then after a few minutes my keyboard and PS/2 mouse become unresponsive.
> > My Serial mouse still works though...
>
> Are you running gpm too?

Yes. gpm is configured to use Serial mouse only. That should mean it
won't interfere. OK, further results: I used gpm's repeater option, and
had X read /dev/gpmdata (ok, "Generic Mouse" was also there, but that
shouldn't cause any problems?

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

as set up by xserver-xfree86's postinst)

The mouse and keyboard locked up again, serial mouse was still working.
After killing X, it was still the case. Only after stopping gpm did my
keyboard come back to me. (It doesn't lock up immediately, it locks up a
couple of minutes or what into the X session.)

Hugo van der Merwe