Re: BUG: XFree 4.1.0 and Chips driver

Folks,

I keep seeing this sort of bug reports.  Unless there's something
obviously wrong in the log file (typically, undefined symbol warnings
from the module loader), there is simply no way to debug a SIGSEGV
without a stack backtrace.  (Of course, somebody particularly
brilliant may be able to make a guess.)

One way to get a useful backtrace is to compile a static (non-modular)
server with debug information and run a stock version of gdb.  The
other way is to use the XFree86 version of gdb, but I'm not sure it's
widely distributed.

Regards,

                                        Juliusz