Re: Caps Lock key with shift-key

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 08:49:34PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> Hey there,
>     When work on a XIM program today, I found that when
> Caps Lock is on, the alphabetic keys are always displayed
> in capital, shift or not shift.
>
>     People from #debian confirmed that is true for 4.1.0
> and 4.2.0. I am used to see shift-i display 'i' with caps
> lock on. Under console, shift-i shows 'i' with caps lock
> on. So it is a bug or just how X behaves? Or maybe I have
> to load some xkb mappings?

For now, it's just how X behaves.

There were some changes to the XKB data files checked into upstream CVS
head a few weeks ago, so you can expect to be able to configure the caps
lock a little better in XFree86 4.2.0.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       "Bother," said Pooh, as he was