Re: Pax Displayicus Managerius (or: a proposal on how to get display managers to stop conflicting with each other)

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:40:44AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Fellow display manager maintaines: does the following sound reasonable to
> you?  This will get most of us out of the ghetto (Priority: extra).

It certainly looks like the best solution I've seen to the problem.
It is all around better than the impolite kludge that I inherited in the
wdm package.

It's too bad that we're not likely to get this into policy for woody.
Since non of the display managers are frozen yet (correct?) might we
still be able to implement this "unofficially", presuming we get the
maintainers to all agree on the implementation?

noah