Xinerama.

Hello.

First a few peices of information:
Current system is a Thunderbird 900mhz with 640megs ram, abit board
(kt7a-raid) and A 32mb ddr Matrox G450 Dual head video card.
Debian Sid, with X debs from  Brandens archive (updated last night)

I use KDE (cvs build, of 2.2 branch) AND Gnome (debian packages).

When I use either of these desktop systems, or even TWM with Xinerama
enabled, X takes up 100% of the cpu, on a frequent, Regular basis.

I use Gkrellm, to view the system resource levels. and roughly every
2-4 seconds, X will claim 100% of the CPU and maintain that useage for
roughly 2 seconds. then it will fall back to 2-3% .... I can also
duplicate this useage when moving a window from one screen to another.
For instance, dragging a rxvt or a konsole across the border results in
about 4 seconds of 100% cpu useage by X*

*Gkrellm reports 100% cpu useage, and Top, running in a non-moving
term, shows X spikking to roughly 98% of total cpu useage.

What in the world could be causing this? KDE's Kwin cvs, and Gnome's
sawfish worked fine for the longest time, but a move to 4.1 seems to
have been it's downfall? is this a known issues? I've searched the
archives (by hand, wish there was a htdig or something like to to
search the archives) but havent' found anything like this.

btw, kde's cvs ./configure flags (as others have thought it was simply
kde's kwin problem) is:
Juliana #: ./configure --enable-prefix --with-xinerama --with-x
--prefix=/usr

is it possible to get the configure files used to build X for the
.deb's ? perhaps a rules file as well? I'm not afraid of compiling but
the configuration of x sources is driving me batty.

--Thanks in advance

-Kevin

=====
May the Penguin be with you!
    (o_      Kevin Poorman
    //\      Netalix@Yahoo.com
    V_/_     AOLIM: Netalix, Shyslpwlkr or TheUnchosen1