Re: xfree86-common

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 08:46:28AM -0700, Shawn O. McKenzie wrote:
> I am getting the following error when I do an apt-get -f install
>
> Setting up xfree86-common (4.1.0-1) ...
> ERROR: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt is not a symbolic link.   The package
> preinst script should have failed.
> Please report the package name, version, and the text of the  above error
> message(s) to <debian-x@lists.debian.org>.
>
> I am brand new to Debian and am trying to figure out the apt system. I would
> just stick to stable, but I really need working docbook tolls.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Interesting.  Can you mail debian-x with the output of the following?

ls -dl /usr /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 /usr/lib/X11 /etc/X11/rgb.txt

Did you have X installed before?  If so, was this an upgrade from
existing Debian X packages, or some other sort of installation of
XFree86?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    screaming mob pounding on a greasy