Re: 4.1.0 tdfx bugs

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 04:59:09PM -0700, Ian Eure wrote:
> > i'm seeing two minor, but irritating bugs with xfree86 4.1.0-0pre1v5.
> >
> > 1. switching from x to a text console corrupts fonts. very minor, but the
> > lower half of all my exclamation points are missing. :)
>
> This seems to be semi-random, and switching to X and then back will fix
> it, or sometimes move it to a different set of chars, I'm trying to
> figure out what is going on there between other things.

it's not random for me; it _always_ kills the lower half of the
exclamation mark. i don't see anything else broken, though it could be.

it doesn't _always_ happen the first time, but it always happens after two
or three.

> > 2. switching from x to a text console and back to x breaks the middle
> > mouse button. when i press the middle mouse button, it registers as the
> > right button. only way to fix this is to reboot, and not use a text
> > console.
>
> That is, odd, are you using GPM? Is the mouse serial? PS2? USB?
> Specifics of your setup would be useful.

i covered the basics at the end of my message, which you quoted. :)

it's a logitech mouseman serial. i am running gpm, but i'm not using the
repeater. i can switch back & forth, and gpm continues to work fine when X
gets screwed.