PCI Radeon and X 4.1

Hey,

I know the Radeon doesnt work with 3d yet, but is anyone using it for
2D? If so what version of X? what driver? and can I get a copy of your config?

Ive had my PCI Radeon working for 2d in the past with X 4.0 and for a
while it worked with X 4.1.  In 4.0 I had to install the DRI stuff in
addition to X and then use the driver named "radeon".  In X 4.1 there
didnt seem to be a specific radeon driver, so I used the "ati" driver
which worked for a while.  Im not really sure what I changed on my
system, I think it may have been the upgrade from pre 1.2 to 1.3 but
who knows, now if i start X using the ATI driver it hangs my machine
hard.  By hard I mean ssh/telnet dont repsond, keyboard doesnt work,
mouse doesnt work and if it werent for the sysrq key Id spend 30
minutes or so fscking giant hard drive.

Thanks a ton in advance,
Ilan
ilan@fonz.net