Re: DRI config note (probably packaging)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 02:55:29PM -0700, Mark Montague wrote:
> Just as a note, the "kernel version may be too old" message came up
> for me even though I'm running 2.4.5-686-smp. I don't know if the
> 686-smp is what triggers it, or if that's known to be a non-working
> version of the kernel for this.
>
> This is an FYI, since if I cared I'd compile the modules myself (and I
> can't use DRI until the PCIGART stuff works :( ).

This is deliberate.  For the moment, this debconf note is unconditionally
presented because there isn't yet an official Linux kernel with the new
version of DRI.

The purpose of the note is basically to try to get all the people who would
howl at me for their DRI not working to howl at kernel people instead.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |             //     // //  /     /