Re: [summary] Re: results using xfree86 4.1.0-0pre1v1 on sparc

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 11:25:22AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Thanks to Ben's advice, I paste below a diff output between the XF86Config-4
> file that dexter produced, and the one that finally worked.  I wish I
> had some time and debconf hacking skills, so I could provide you with
> a patch to dexter, but I'm afraid I have neither.

Dexter doesn't exist anymore, and hasn't since last fall.

Dexter was just a shell script prototype with (apparently) a memorable
name.  All that is left are debconf templates, .config scripts, and a
non-interactive script called "dexconf".

The Compat/Types/Keycodes/Geometry/Symbols way of doing XKB is not
compatible with the Rules/Model/Layout/Variant/Options way.

Does anyone have their Type4/5/6 keyboard working using the latter set of
options?

>   - need dexter option on sparc for sunmouse

Fixed in pre1v1.3.

>   - need dexter option for ati driver on sparc

Fixed in pre1v1.3.

Thanks for confirming these changes, Adam.  Once we've slain the XKB beast,
(or at least tiptoed around it carefully) dexconf should be pretty nice for
SPARC users.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |      Music is the brandy of the damned.