Re: xfree86 4.1.0-0pre1v1 for i386 at X Strike Force repository

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 01:02:37PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Maybe when I unpack the source (at work) and then rsync the gzipped tar file?
> Or the ungzipped tar file? Anything that would keep me from squeezing it
> through the phone...
> But then I'd have to setup an rsync server? Which would probably not work
> either...

What you could try is uncompressing the new source at work and what you have
at home on your home machine in such a way that the two trees more or less
agree (w.r.t. directory structure) and then do an rsync.  You don't need to
set up an rsync server, it can work through rsh or ssh as well.  Also
remember to pass rsync its dandy compression switch.  man rsync is your
friend.

--
charl p. botha      | computer graphics and cad/cam
http://cpbotha.net/ | http://www.cg.its.tudelft.nl/