Re: xfs problems

Bradley M Alexander wrote:

I helped a friend upgrade his laptop to X 4.0.3 from 3.3.6. He was using
xfs to serve fonts to X and KDE2 as a desktop environment. After the upgrade
(which didn't install xfs, btw), if he logs in (he uses kdm)  as root, he has
his full selection of fonts, but if he signs in on his user account, he
only has three basic fonts. I figure that its either permissions or pathing
thats borked, but I don't know where to start looking. Anyone got any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Maybe you can try to use the "xtt" module under X 4.0.3 instead of xfs.
On my latop(IBM x20), I don't use the xfs but use xtt module in X 4.0.3.
It works fine. ^_^..

By the way, If you still want to use xfs, you should update the xfs version.