"Compose" no longer works

Hmmm.... seems my compose key no longer works. I have these lines in
XF86Config-4:

	Option	"LeftAlt"	"Meta"
	Option	"RightAlt"	"ModeShift"
        Option  "RightCtl"	"Compose"
        Option  "ScrollLock"	"ModeLock"

It used to work fine until the last upgrade.... And I can activate it
back (albeit on a different key) with the following xmodmap command:

keycode 0x75 =	Multi_key

Now, after all this rant, my question is:

did something change in the defaults of 4.0.3 with respect to the
previous versions, concerning keyboard options? I couldn't find
anything relevant in thre changelogs for xfree86-common, and I
wouldn't know where else to look

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.3 #1 Sat Mar 31 14:03:42 CEST 2001 i686 unknown