Re: Problems starting X,v.4.0.3

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Lukas Ruf wrote:
> >
> > The only package I found is xutils -- there, it declares that the
> > newest version was already installed.
> >
> > XFS got aborted because of a missing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/config file.
> >
> > I created this one from the example given by man xfs
> >
> > Still the "fixed" font cannot be found.
>
> It's in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/, make sure you have that in the
> catalogue of the xfs config.

in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/config (where fs is linked to /etc/X11/fs), it
reads:

  catalogue = /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,
       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc,
       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi

> > Do I have to set-up a symbolic link or something like that?
>
> If /etc/X11/fs/config exists, you could try linking to that. I suppose that
> would be a bug in the xfs package.

I had to create the config file myself.  How can I run the official
configure script as delivered by Debian ?  Maybe, this is the error.

Thanks,

Lukas