no HW accel for Voodoo Banshee AGP

Is there some special secret to get my 16-MB Voodo Banshee AGP hardware
accelerated with DRI?  I am using Sid.  For DRM I have tried both the stock
2.4.4 kernel as well as the DRM source package in Sid.  For the server, I
have tried both Branden's stock X packages as well as the recent
*-dri packages.

The *-dri packages really screw up the X server with garbage.

As far as Branden's standard X packages, the display looks fine, and the X
log output looks fine (no W or E messages with respect to DRI and DRM), but
I definitely do not have hardware acceleration.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>
CIMMS/NSSL, Norman, OK, USA