Re: XFree86 4.0.3-0pre1v1 (voodoo3)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 01:27:24AM +0200, Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> I tried it on a voodoo3 card and everything seems good until I try openGL in DRI mode then the application (gears) gets a segmentation fault.

Try reducing your resolution. The TDFX driver seems to have pretty severe
problems coping with screens using large amounts of memory. At 1792x1344
(16 bit) everything works for me. At 1840x1392 DRI apps segfault if they
try to display anything (glxinfo still works fine). At 1960x1440, I get
severe screen corruption. I've had the same problem since 4.01 (which is
when I got my V3). As far as I know, it's a known issue.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org