Re: Testing/mesademos

>> Jon Pennington <dren@whack.org> writes:

 > /tmp/ccEMh1hu.o(.text+0x32a): undefined reference to `OSMesaCreateContext'
 > /tmp/ccEMh1hu.o(.text+0x35c): undefined reference to `OSMesaMakeCurrent'
 > /tmp/ccEMh1hu.o(.text+0x4f5): undefined reference to `OSMesaDestroyContext'

 Hmmm... please submit this as a bug, there's a -lOSMesa missing.  I'm
 going to fix the makefiles, so I'm going to stumble across this,
 probably.

 > There are other bins in the mesademos/demos/ directory, which `make
 > clean' does not get rid of (and there's no target `distclean').
 > This, I assume, is a problem with the upstream Makefile, not
 > Branden's customizations.

 Branden doesn't maintain mesademos.

 /me waves

 > Aside from the does-not-compile issue, I also wonder if it's really
 > so necessary to keep each directory under usr/share/doc/mesademos/ a
 > tarball after installation.  It's pretty clear that if someone
 > installs the mesademos package, they want to run the demos.

 Oh, is it?  For me the demos are more valuable as source code, since
 only a fraction of them are interesting from a end-user's point of
 view.

 > I understand shipping in source-only; that makes a lot of sense to a
 > DRI user like myself

 The demos themselves are not tied to the Direct Rendering
 Infrastructure.  They are OpenGL demos, and only a handful are specific
 to Mesa.  All of them run with software rendering, now that the
 glide-specific demos are no longer being shipped.

 >  But compressed?  The uncompressed trees take well less than 4MB, and
 >  it seems more than a little silly to make someone who is building
 >  the demos manually unpack them.

 You mean tarred.  Like I said, IMO in this case source is more
 important than binaries.  I considered shipping everything as single
 files, in ../mesademos/examples/ or something like that, but then I
 would have to compress the individual files (c.f. Policy), which is no
 better than having to unpack the tarred sources.

 > Against whom do I file my d-n-c bug and my wishlist bug, respectively?

 d-n-c? You lost me.  Oh, does-not-compile.  I hope you don't mean that
 as in 'serious' because it will be automatically downgraded to normal
 once I get it.

 mesademos, on both accounts.

--
Marcelo