Configure no long detects XShem? (X4.0.2-12)

Last night I upgraded packages to X4.0.2-12 (from X4.0.2-11) and overnight,
configure scripts no longer detect XShem.
A source I configured and compiled yesterday doesn't want to configure
today. The sources I'm trying to compile haven't changed, I just did a
dist-upgrade which included the X upgrade.

Could anything have changed in the X4 packages, that causes this? Anyone
else seeing a similar problem?
Or must it have been one of the other upgraded packages? (Can't imagine it,
really. None of them had anything to do with autoconf, gcc, or so)

--Tim