doogiebug resolved

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 03:17:57AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Two people have reported runtime linking errors with the latest XFree86 4
> packages on i386.  I cannot reproduce these.  I am running my own latest
> versions of the packages, am using bleeding-edge Debian unstable -- updated
> today -- and have rebooted in an effort to reproduce the problem.  No dice.
> My xdm and xterm refuse to break.

This is resolved.  Turns out my build environment (an unstable chroot) was
busted, and I misinterpreted the output of ldd.  I am now able to reproduce
the bug.

Fixed packages have been built, tested, are in incoming and should be
dinstalled today.

Thanks to those who helped, including BenC, who taught me the wonders of
objdump --private-headers.  I'm never going back to ambiguous old ldd.  :-P

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   Optimists believe we live in the best of
Debian GNU/Linux                |   all possible worlds.  Pessimists are