Re: SharedLibXft NO for debian?

[heads up to debian-x denizens and Qt library maintainer for Debian]

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:30:19PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> The RENDER extension API is actually pretty stable, at least the pieces
> that have been implemented.
[...]
> Especially with Qt now using Xft, the ability to bug-fix Xft underneath
> KDE applications is compelling for me.  I don't have a good feeling of
> whether this is the right thing for general users though.

Okay, you've convinced me.  :)

I will ship shared versions of the Xrender and Xft libraries (in our
"xlibs" package) at the next convenient point to do so.  Probably with our
first release of XFree86 4.0.3.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    Religion is something left over from the
Debian GNU/Linux               |    infancy of our intelligence; it will