Re: manifest problems on ARM

Philip Blundell wrote:

> I ran a build of xfree86-4.0.2-7 on ARM.  Aside from needing one small patch
> to elf.h (attached) the compilation went OK, but the manifest check failed.  I
> don't know enough about what goes on here to say whether the manifest is just
> wrong or outdated, or whether something bad happened.

I can't tell you either, but you may be able to get some useful
information by diffing the MANIFEST.arm.new against MANIFEST.arm. This
will tell you what files were unexpectedly present or unexpectedly
missing. (.arm is what was expected, .arm.new is what was actually
produced by your build).

If you want to just get past this stage of the build process and not
worry about it (or if the differences seem harmless) you can copy
MANIFEST.arm.new to MANIFEST.arm and make the corresponding changes in
the *.files (or *.files.arm) files; you will then be able to complete
the build.

(I'm assuming that the arch string for ARM is arm - make the obvious
changes if it's not)

Hope this helps, and sorry if the above is obvious...
Stuart.