SiS 630

Hi all!

I am running XFree 4.0.2 in a Hundyx laptop with unstable, with a XGA
TFT LCD display. I have right now a "normal" monitor attached to the
laptop, and everything works fine on that monitor, but NOT with the LCD
panel. Nothing is shown there. Of course, the display stuff in the
laptop BIOS is set to both CRT/LCD, and I can work on console on both
the LCD monitor and the "normal" monitor. But when I startx, the LCD
display flickers and the output is only shown on the "normal" monitor.

I've got a SiS 630 graphics card, which I've heard has some problems on
4.0.2, and up-to-now, nothing I've tried seems to work (and I've tried
lots of things)

So, how can I make the SiS 630/LCD monitor work? downgrade (as the SiS
630 is listed amongst the supported cards in xf86config-v3)? any idea?

thanks very much in advance

cheers