Re: package bug in xfree86-common (4.0.1-0phase2v10)

Simon deWeerdt <deweerdt@radiant.net> writes:

> Hi
>
> Have been apt-get ing the xfree86 4.0.1 from samosa.debian.org/~branden/
>
> Have a dependancy problem I can't satisfy.
>
> ****
>
> Setting up xfree86-common (4.0.1-0phase2v10) ...
> perl: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.3: cannot open
>

> ****
>
> I can't find a deb for libdb3.0 in unstable
>
> If there is one in a maintainers directory I'll apt-get it.

This is an update bug involving perl and apt, which doesn't involve X
(as far as I can tell). I had to get the .deb myself and "dpkg -i" it,
since I got to a broken state where apt couldn't install it.

The package name in question is libdb2. In my case, apt had already
put it in /var/cache/apt/archives/ but couldn't install it.

I suspect that the appropriate maintainers know about this, but I
haven't checked if there is already a bug report filed... I'm not sure
if it's most appropriate to file against libdb2, debconf, apt, or
perl.

					- M

--
Mark "Monty" Montague | monty@gg.caltech.edu  | I don't do Windows(tm)
I'm dubious about any company whose assets can be destroyed by rm -rf