g400, dri, and phase2v10

When I left work last Friday, everything was working well with phase2v8.
My G400 was providing nice, hardware-accelerated textures, and I was happy.
Today, however, I upgraded to phase2v10, and I was immediately disappointed
to find out that I no longer get hardware acceleration for OpenGL apps.

First, I looked at the logged output from X.  There was a conflict between
drm 1.0 and 2.0 or something like that, and the next statement was "dri
disabled".  Shucks.

I had been using the binary G400 driver from Matrox, and I remembered that
the upgrade may have overwritten that driver file, and so, just in case
this might have something to do with the problem, I moved the binary G400
driver from Matrox and back into the appropriate place.  The drm conflict
warning went away, and dri/drm says that everything is OK in the log file,
but still I have no hardware acceleration.

Everything had been working very nicely even since the middle of phase1.

Any ideas?

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>
CIMMS/NSSL, Norman, OK, USA