Re: SV: READ THIS; Debian XFree86 4.0.1 mini-FAQ

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 04:47:09PM +0200, Torbjörn Andersson wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > * Yes, the shared memory extension is broken in recent phase2 packages.
> >   This is a recent development in upstream CVS.  If you'd like to help fix
> >   it, subscribe to xpert@xfree86.org and pursue the issue there; please try
> >   to submit helpful bug reports to upstream, they could use them.
>
> How recent are we talking about here? I never noticed any problem with
> phase2v8, but in the past few days I haven't been running much X applications
> apart from WindowMaker, xpdf, emacs, xterm and xscreensaver, and it has never
> occured to me before to wonder how much any of these rely on shared memory.

Not at all.  Shm is used msotly for things which do a lot of blitting, like
games and Rasterman's over-glitzy under-functional piles of code.

--
Joshua Shagam                  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
joshagam@cs.nmsu.edu           \ / No HTML/RTF in email