Re: G400 DRI?

Okay, since posting my original message, I've found out (with Marcelo
Magallon's help) that I need to get a DRI driver which matches interfaces
with the XFree server.  As far as I can tell, the current Matrox driver
(which is based on PI's CVS-current driver) uses the 2.0.0 interface,
whereas the .debs' server only groks the 1.0.x interface.  I have the mga.o
kernel module from the DRI project on Sourceforge compiled and everything,
but there's the interface mismatch so it does me no good...

When will the .debs' server grok DRM 2.0.0?  Apparently this just requires
it being updated with the latest XFree source tree, but I'm not quite sure
I understood what Marcello had told me in private email.  Also, why would I
want to use the 1.0.x version which comes in the kernel source when it's
probably outdated and not full-featured, and not likely to get updated very
often anyway?  FWIW, having the DRI source distributed along with the
kernel source offends my sensibilities, for the same reason that
distributing scanner and joystick drivers et al with the kernel does -
these things aren't part of the kernel, they need to be updated separately
and more often, and I don't want to have to download the entire kernel
source to update my video driver. :P  The whole current state of what's in
the kernel source package is a rant for another day, though.

--
Joshua Shagam                  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
joshagam@cs.nmsu.edu           \ / No HTML/RTF in email