[seth@eazel.com: GLU vs accelerated GL conflicts (XF4.0.1 package problem)]

I feel like Bill Murray in _Ground Hog Day_, forced to live the same day
over and over again...

----- Forwarded message from Seth Nickell <seth@eazel.com> -----

From: Seth Nickell <seth@eazel.com>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: GLU vs accelerated GL conflicts (XF4.0.1 package problem)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:24:38 -0700

There currently exists a functional conflict between libmesag3 (the
"standard" Mesa distribution for debian) and xlibmesa3 (as included with
your XF4 packages). While xlibmesa3 is necessary to use accelerated
rendering, the majority of OpenGL applications require the prescence of
libGLU. Unfortunately since libmesag3 and xlibmesa3 are marked as
conflicting, I must hand patch every time I do an apt-get (which isn't
bad, but not quite preferable). One solution would be to provide a
seperate xlibglu package, or something of that nature for people who
wish to have them seperate in order to have both.

-Seth

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |    If encryption is outlawed, only outlaws