LibGLU.so.1

Hay all.

I've just upgraded to the XFree86 4.0.1 phase 2v6. I stripped out my
3.3.6 installation first and fetched everything ok with apt-get and
dselect.

However, when running most games, and KDE (version 2 beta4), the
application will refuse to start, giving an error message:

error in loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My GPU is an NVidia TNT2 M64, I've tried to install the new 0.9-5
drivers for it (though had problems: the source refused to compile
for me, so I had to do an 'alien' on the RPMs for RedHat 6.1).
However, this has not solved the problem, and I don't know how to.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong or how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Matthew