Re: xfree86-common_4.0.1-0phase2v4_all.deb

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 10:13:43PM -0400, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 10:00:06PM -0400, mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:
> <snip>
> > I also resolved mouse issues I had by changing the repeat_type value in
> > /etc/gpm.conf to "raw" ... /dev/gpmdata was causing erratic behavior
> > before (gpm's fault, not X).  So now gpm and X get along well, so
> > everything works flawlessly.
>
> No no no NO NO NO!
>
> Repeat in what gpm calls ms3 and what X calls IntelliMouse.
> Unless you really LIKE shooting yourself in the foot.

What is the problem with using raw repeating ?

It was the only setup that works for me (still using 3.3 though, and aps/2
mouse).

But then, an USB mouse is very nice, since the USB mouse driver can give data
to both X and gpm without problems, as can my amiga mouse on my apus box.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER