Re: xfree86-common_4.0.1-0phase2v4_all.deb

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:

> Repeat in what gpm calls ms3 and what X calls IntelliMouse.
> Unless you really LIKE shooting yourself in the foot.

That worked also (ie, same result as type "raw" in gpm.conf and "IMPS/2"
in XF86Config) ... I assumed that repeat type "imps2" would be logical,
but when it cause the mouse to behave erratically under X.  Changing the
repeat type to "raw" fixed that (from reading the man page, that seemed
like the logical next step).

The combo of "ms3" as repeat type and "intellimouse" in XF86Config seems a
lot cleaner though.. while I don't see how "raw" was shooting myself in
the foot (since everything worked), I appreciate the clarificaion.

Thanks,
Matt Toups
(please continue to cc: me in replies as I am not subscribed to the list)