emulate 3 buttons and xdm problem (xfree 4.0.1 phase2v4)

is there a way to emulate 3 buttons like in the previous version of
xfree86 (by pressing both left and right button you get the middle
button)? Emulate3Buttons doesn't work anymore and i couldn't find any
documentation on how to do it differently.

also, i don't know if this is a setup problem or not, but when i start
xdm it takes a very long time to display. i am running phase2v4 of the
debian packages. at the end of my xdm.log i find this:

  xdm error (pid 461): SetPerClientControls failed

could this be the problem?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |