Re: [phase2] xdm

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 02:19:51PM +0200, Boris Erdmann wrote:
> After upgrading from 3.3.6 to 4.0.1c and starting /etc/init.d/xdm
> X needs an eternity to show up with a login screen. Then entering
> login and password only results in turnig back to login screen.
>
> running X via startx runs fine though.
>
> Is there a way i can provide further usefull information?

I did see the same thing with gdm some time back, but at the time xdm worked
fine.

Don't know the reason for it though, and it is a bit difficult to get your
hands on a log with xdm/gdm, since they restart X immediately.

That said, Branden told me to fill a bug against gdm at the time.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER